This past March, alongside fellow Houston rap veterans Chamillionaire and Lil’ Keke, Paul Wall left his Diamonds Exposed inside our DJBooth. Despite the group effort with his former partner-in-rhyme-turned-rival, the song didn’t pique any national interest and never was pushed forward as Wall’s official first single. Several months later, however, Wall has put the finishing touches on his forthcoming release, The Fast Life, which includes the new, Akon-featured and produced single, Girl On Fire. In typical Konvict fashion, the record has club appeal, an easy-to-remember call-out hook, and radio-ready catchiness. The Fast Life, Wall’s third major studio album, will be released later this year courtesy of Swishahouse and Asylum.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/08
Submit your Rating
Paul Wall Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.