This past March, alongside fellow Houston rap veterans Chamillionaire and Lil’ Keke, Paul Wall left his Diamonds Exposed inside our DJBooth. Despite the group effort with his former partner-in-rhyme-turned-rival, the song didn’t pique any national interest and never was pushed forward as Wall’s official first single. Several months later, however, Wall has put the finishing touches on his forthcoming release, The Fast Life, which includes the new, Akon-featured and produced single, Girl On Fire. In typical Konvict fashion, the record has club appeal, an easy-to-remember call-out hook, and radio-ready catchiness. The Fast Life, Wall’s third major studio album, will be released later this year courtesy of Swishahouse and Asylum.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/08
Submit your Rating
Paul Wall Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Em Off" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.