To me, the forbidding climate of the Red Planet doesn’t exactly scream “romantic.” Paul Lowe, Jr., however, is a more adventurous man than I. On his first Booth feature, inaugural mixtape leak Take You to Mars, the rising R&B star and a lucky lady boldly go where no couple has gone before, on a mission to break through the final sexual frontier and become the first inductees into the 78 Million Mile-High Club. TrackSlayerz, the production crew behind T.I.‘s I’m Back, provide an appropriately spacey yet steamy instrumental accompaniment, pairing synth arpeggios with reverb-drenched guitar riffs as Lowe delivers his Auto-Tune-assisted account of interplanetary intercourse. Emcees Chachi Carvalho and FLY-C handle guest duties, stepping up to the mic to detail their own hot Martian nights on the second and third verses. So, is this out-of-this-world bedroom jam a Fantastic Voyage, or does Lowe need to come back down to Earth? If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of his Good or Evil? street album when it hits the ‘net April 1. Fans can also look forward to a new mixtape from FLY-C late this month.
Written by richard on 03/23/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.