In the year that’s passed since Paul Couture‘s last feature, things just haven’t been the same in the Booth. Sure, we’ve had plenty of other talented pop and R&B artists to keep us entertained in the meantime, but it always felt like something was missing, I guess the Austin native’s just One of a Kind. Today, he returns to fill that hole in our hearts with O.A.K, a new single inspired by the block party culture of Brooklyn, N.Y., his home since summer of 2012. Over his, Yinon Tahel and Tal Forer‘s ‘80’s informed boardwork, featuring vocoded flourishes and syncopated percussion reminiscent of the famous Take Me to the Mardi Gras break, the singer spits game to a certain incomparably fly shawty. Meital de Razon provides backing vocals. This lively, retro-informed jam is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Paul Couture’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.