In the year that’s passed since Paul Couture‘s last feature, things just haven’t been the same in the Booth. Sure, we’ve had plenty of other talented pop and R&B artists to keep us entertained in the meantime, but it always felt like something was missing, I guess the Austin native’s just One of a Kind. Today, he returns to fill that hole in our hearts with O.A.K, a new single inspired by the block party culture of Brooklyn, N.Y., his home since summer of 2012. Over his, Yinon Tahel and Tal Forer‘s ‘80’s informed boardwork, featuring vocoded flourishes and syncopated percussion reminiscent of the famous Take Me to the Mardi Gras break, the singer spits game to a certain incomparably fly shawty. Meital de Razon provides backing vocals. This lively, retro-informed jam is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Paul Couture’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/26/14
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.