In the year that’s passed since Paul Couture‘s last feature, things just haven’t been the same in the Booth. Sure, we’ve had plenty of other talented pop and R&B artists to keep us entertained in the meantime, but it always felt like something was missing, I guess the Austin native’s just One of a Kind. Today, he returns to fill that hole in our hearts with O.A.K, a new single inspired by the block party culture of Brooklyn, N.Y., his home since summer of 2012. Over his, Yinon Tahel and Tal Forer‘s ‘80’s informed boardwork, featuring vocoded flourishes and syncopated percussion reminiscent of the famous Take Me to the Mardi Gras break, the singer spits game to a certain incomparably fly shawty. Meital de Razon provides backing vocals. This lively, retro-informed jam is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Paul Couture’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.