Today we salute you, Mr. Auto-tune inventor. Your contribution to the musical community took its 15 minutes of fame and sprinted away with it. Sure, you initially had us wooed by T-Pain’s and even Weezy’s mysteriously accurate pitch-finding abilities. But only now can we appreciate what your master plan was all along; thanks to you, we’ll never again know who can and who can’t sing. In the spirit of objectivity, Paul Couture may actually be a very good singer (although I’m quite sure that Ludacris is not). Moreover, his new single, Self Made Millionaire, should not be brushed off because of its liberal usage of the auto-tune effect—the song is actually quite catchy, and sounds like nothing else coming out of Austin right now. But it’s time to put auto-tune to rest. No word yet on Couture’s debut album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/3/08
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy Her Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.