Today we salute you, Mr. Auto-tune inventor. Your contribution to the musical community took its 15 minutes of fame and sprinted away with it. Sure, you initially had us wooed by T-Pain’s and even Weezy’s mysteriously accurate pitch-finding abilities. But only now can we appreciate what your master plan was all along; thanks to you, we’ll never again know who can and who can’t sing. In the spirit of objectivity, Paul Couture may actually be a very good singer (although I’m quite sure that Ludacris is not). Moreover, his new single, Self Made Millionaire, should not be brushed off because of its liberal usage of the auto-tune effect—the song is actually quite catchy, and sounds like nothing else coming out of Austin right now. But it’s time to put auto-tune to rest. No word yet on Couture’s debut album.
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy Her Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!