Today we salute you, Mr. Auto-tune inventor. Your contribution to the musical community took its 15 minutes of fame and sprinted away with it. Sure, you initially had us wooed by T-Pain’s and even Weezy’s mysteriously accurate pitch-finding abilities. But only now can we appreciate what your master plan was all along; thanks to you, we’ll never again know who can and who can’t sing. In the spirit of objectivity, Paul Couture may actually be a very good singer (although I’m quite sure that Ludacris is not). Moreover, his new single, Self Made Millionaire, should not be brushed off because of its liberal usage of the auto-tune effect—the song is actually quite catchy, and sounds like nothing else coming out of Austin right now. But it’s time to put auto-tune to rest. No word yet on Couture’s debut album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/3/08
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buy Her Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.