More often than not, it takes an artist a few tries to perfect their craft (unless you’re Odd Future, then apparently you can go straight to the top almost immediately). While we’re not the end-all be-all of music, dual threat Paul Couture has had a mixed review of his songs so far on the site. Don’t fret yet, Mr. Self Made Millionaire fans, as today we feature his new street single Flu Flow, and it’s arguably the best – excuse me, sickest - joints he’s thrown down yet. The Texan native surprises right off the bat with self-made production that is equal parts percussion, brass and hypnotic bounce. The enlistment of fellow Austinians Tee Double, ChoSe and KJ Hines helps to turn this into a Texas-sized anthem full of solid flows and greatly timed bars: “...and I’m doing that new money dance that the hater’s can’t stand, and the ladies like ‘Peezy give me one more chance’.” If you can get sick with this, be sure to keep Couture’s latest project, Bossmode Presents: Vol. 1 The Mixtape, on your radar come May 22.
Written by Sigurd on 05/1/11
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.