More often than not, it takes an artist a few tries to perfect their craft (unless you’re Odd Future, then apparently you can go straight to the top almost immediately). While we’re not the end-all be-all of music, dual threat Paul Couture has had a mixed review of his songs so far on the site. Don’t fret yet, Mr. Self Made Millionaire fans, as today we feature his new street single Flu Flow, and it’s arguably the best – excuse me, sickest - joints he’s thrown down yet. The Texan native surprises right off the bat with self-made production that is equal parts percussion, brass and hypnotic bounce. The enlistment of fellow Austinians Tee Double, ChoSe and KJ Hines helps to turn this into a Texas-sized anthem full of solid flows and greatly timed bars: “...and I’m doing that new money dance that the hater’s can’t stand, and the ladies like ‘Peezy give me one more chance’.” If you can get sick with this, be sure to keep Couture’s latest project, Bossmode Presents: Vol. 1 The Mixtape, on your radar come May 22.
Written by Sigurd on 05/1/11
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.