Is love something that can be bought and sold? If urban radio is any indication, the answer is “Absolutely;” then again, few popular jams stick around long enough to describe the inevitable downfall of such materialistically-motivated relationships. On Buy Her Love, the first of two exclusive records sent to this very site, Austin R&B singer and ‘08 Best of the Booth nominee Paul Couture clues listeners in on why romance and greed mix about as well as oil and water. Over his own subdued, synth-heavy boardwork, the singer describes a woman who, instead of simply selling her affections to the highest bidder, has taken the far more lucrative path of selling them to multiple bidders. Topped off with a memorable chopped-n-screwed hook, BHL is proof that Couture’s hitmaking potential hasn’t waned since he earned rave reviews for Self Made Millionaire back in summer ‘08. Fans can hear plenty more of the up-and-comer’s Booth-acclaimed R&B stylings on his Songs About HER Mixtape, set to drop in July. In the meantime, keep your browsers trained on our front page—another exclusive world premiere is coming soon!
Written by richard on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.