Country-western fans drown their sorrows in whiskey and beer. Emo kids put on extra mascara and cry. For R&B singers, however, nothing seems to ease the pain of romantic disappointment like placing unnecessary calls to 9-1-1. On new promo single Ambulance (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), Buy Her Love up-and-comer Paul Couture does his part to keep our nation’s emergency operators busy, requesting that someone be sent ASAP to help him pick up the pieces of his broken heart. This breakup jam finds the Lone Star State native doing double-duty, serving up an appropriately sorrowful blend of piano and synths as he soulfully pours out his feelings regarding a failed relationship. Fellow R&B singer NiQ contributes an equally anguished guest verse (and background vocals throughout), offering a female perspective on the scenario described by Couture. Though we in the Booth don’t endorse prank-calling 9-1-1, this track nonetheless comes highly-recommended. Keep it locked for details on the singer’s latest project, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)