Country-western fans drown their sorrows in whiskey and beer. Emo kids put on extra mascara and cry. For R&B singers, however, nothing seems to ease the pain of romantic disappointment like placing unnecessary calls to 9-1-1. On new promo single Ambulance (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), Buy Her Love up-and-comer Paul Couture does his part to keep our nation’s emergency operators busy, requesting that someone be sent ASAP to help him pick up the pieces of his broken heart. This breakup jam finds the Lone Star State native doing double-duty, serving up an appropriately sorrowful blend of piano and synths as he soulfully pours out his feelings regarding a failed relationship. Fellow R&B singer NiQ contributes an equally anguished guest verse (and background vocals throughout), offering a female perspective on the scenario described by Couture. Though we in the Booth don’t endorse prank-calling 9-1-1, this track nonetheless comes highly-recommended. Keep it locked for details on the singer’s latest project, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.