Country-western fans drown their sorrows in whiskey and beer. Emo kids put on extra mascara and cry. For R&B singers, however, nothing seems to ease the pain of romantic disappointment like placing unnecessary calls to 9-1-1. On new promo single Ambulance (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), Buy Her Love up-and-comer Paul Couture does his part to keep our nation’s emergency operators busy, requesting that someone be sent ASAP to help him pick up the pieces of his broken heart. This breakup jam finds the Lone Star State native doing double-duty, serving up an appropriately sorrowful blend of piano and synths as he soulfully pours out his feelings regarding a failed relationship. Fellow R&B singer NiQ contributes an equally anguished guest verse (and background vocals throughout), offering a female perspective on the scenario described by Couture. Though we in the Booth don’t endorse prank-calling 9-1-1, this track nonetheless comes highly-recommended. Keep it locked for details on the singer’s latest project, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 04/28/10
PhaseOne Comm/Sony RED/Bossmode Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made Millionaire ft. Ludacris" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.