As much as I dig New Yorker Paul Brown’s Inner City Blues, I am just a tad confused. Usually, songs about the blues aren’t supposed to make you feel so damn good. Perhaps it’s because producer Genius Boy uses Marvin Gaye’s timeless classic Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) as the foundation for his uber-smooth production? Or maybe it is the multitude of clever boxing references made by Brown, or guest UFO Fev’s crystal clear, powerful delivery that warms my soul? Whatever the reason, Inner City Blues is sure to fill your soul, and before that your ears, with a wholesome scoop of heartfelt hip hop. If you’d like another glass, luckily, you don’t have to be a fan of a good Bourbon or Brandy; Paul Brown’s latest offering, the Brown Liquor mixtape, is out now for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.