As much as I dig New Yorker Paul Brown’s Inner City Blues, I am just a tad confused. Usually, songs about the blues aren’t supposed to make you feel so damn good. Perhaps it’s because producer Genius Boy uses Marvin Gaye’s timeless classic Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) as the foundation for his uber-smooth production? Or maybe it is the multitude of clever boxing references made by Brown, or guest UFO Fev’s crystal clear, powerful delivery that warms my soul? Whatever the reason, Inner City Blues is sure to fill your soul, and before that your ears, with a wholesome scoop of heartfelt hip hop. If you’d like another glass, luckily, you don’t have to be a fan of a good Bourbon or Brandy; Paul Brown’s latest offering, the Brown Liquor mixtape, is out now for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.