As much as I dig New Yorker Paul Brown’s Inner City Blues, I am just a tad confused. Usually, songs about the blues aren’t supposed to make you feel so damn good. Perhaps it’s because producer Genius Boy uses Marvin Gaye’s timeless classic Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) as the foundation for his uber-smooth production? Or maybe it is the multitude of clever boxing references made by Brown, or guest UFO Fev’s crystal clear, powerful delivery that warms my soul? Whatever the reason, Inner City Blues is sure to fill your soul, and before that your ears, with a wholesome scoop of heartfelt hip hop. If you’d like another glass, luckily, you don’t have to be a fan of a good Bourbon or Brandy; Paul Brown’s latest offering, the Brown Liquor mixtape, is out now for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.