In hindsight you wish you thought twice about her. That crazy good turned crazy bad chick you thought was super sexy until she went bipolar stalker. Medicated serves as rapper Patience Price’s reflections on dealing with an eccentric and wild woman who may just require medical attention. While this craziness initially proved exhilarating, it’s taken a turn for the worse. Price’s expertly flows over smooth R&B-inspired production by Sinima, delivering colorful imagery via lyrics that are as much comedic as they are melodic. (It’s hard not to smile when someone employs the phrase “bat-sh*t crazy” in a song.) The fact that Price is able to exhibit levels of humor and anguish makes the track dynamic and fascinating: throughout, it’s hard to say whether these lyrics emanate from pleasure, pain, disappointment, or attraction – and in fact the source may be a combination of all of those. This track is featured on Price’s new Valentine EP, out now and downloadable for free via his site.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.