In hindsight you wish you thought twice about her. That crazy good turned crazy bad chick you thought was super sexy until she went bipolar stalker. Medicated serves as rapper Patience Price’s reflections on dealing with an eccentric and wild woman who may just require medical attention. While this craziness initially proved exhilarating, it’s taken a turn for the worse. Price’s expertly flows over smooth R&B-inspired production by Sinima, delivering colorful imagery via lyrics that are as much comedic as they are melodic. (It’s hard not to smile when someone employs the phrase “bat-sh*t crazy” in a song.) The fact that Price is able to exhibit levels of humor and anguish makes the track dynamic and fascinating: throughout, it’s hard to say whether these lyrics emanate from pleasure, pain, disappointment, or attraction – and in fact the source may be a combination of all of those. This track is featured on Price’s new Valentine EP, out now and downloadable for free via his site.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.