Booth newcomer Patience Price will be the first to admit that he’s got a long way to go before he becomes a household name, but don’t it twisted; he’s not content simply to be one among many rap hopefuls busting their respective asses to escape from obscurity. On the contrary, the Portland-bred, Los Angeles-based emcee prides himself on being “...the greatest of the Got No Views.” A freshly-leaked standout cut off Price’s recently-released debut EP, this cut finds the up-and-comer waxing iconoclastic over Hala-X‘s apocalyptic synth grooves (borrowed, along with a vocal hook, from The Weeknd‘s Life of the Party). In disjointed yet bruising verses fueled by about “...a million PBRs,” Price spews venom at underground peers and heavyweights alike, expressing confidence that time will prove his superiority to the competition: “I fecal matter on these cats and make ‘em feel like Asher Roth, I’m physical / By the time I’m finished, my acclaim it will be critical.” Agree with Patience Price’s self-assessment? If so, you can expect plenty more eclectically hard-hitting jams on Adrenaline and Vodka, available now online.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.