Booth newcomer Patience Price will be the first to admit that he’s got a long way to go before he becomes a household name, but don’t it twisted; he’s not content simply to be one among many rap hopefuls busting their respective asses to escape from obscurity. On the contrary, the Portland-bred, Los Angeles-based emcee prides himself on being “...the greatest of the Got No Views.” A freshly-leaked standout cut off Price’s recently-released debut EP, this cut finds the up-and-comer waxing iconoclastic over Hala-X‘s apocalyptic synth grooves (borrowed, along with a vocal hook, from The Weeknd‘s Life of the Party). In disjointed yet bruising verses fueled by about “...a million PBRs,” Price spews venom at underground peers and heavyweights alike, expressing confidence that time will prove his superiority to the competition: “I fecal matter on these cats and make ‘em feel like Asher Roth, I’m physical / By the time I’m finished, my acclaim it will be critical.” Agree with Patience Price’s self-assessment? If so, you can expect plenty more eclectically hard-hitting jams on Adrenaline and Vodka, available now online.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.