Lots of People Talk about underground up-and-comer Pat Piff (who readers may remember from Mike Posner‘s Smoke ‘n’ Drive) but few of them truly know who he is, where he’s been or what he stands for. On his latest album leak and first solo Booth feature, the Motown native sets the record straight once and for all. Beatsmith John Dough‘s unconventional instrumental, featuring a sample from Led Zeppelin’s classic Dazed and Confused, swirling synth arpeggios and a schizophrenic percussion rhythm, sets the stage for Piff’s unpredictably-flowed verses, which come laced with plenty of shifty-eyed wordplay. Needless to say, this unique cut will leave lots of people in the Booth talking – and I have a feeling that most of what they have to say will be positive. If People Talk‘s piqued your interest, keep it locked for all the latest on Pat Piff’s debut studio album, Future of the Retro, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this year.
Written by richard on 01/10/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.