Lots of People Talk about underground up-and-comer Pat Piff (who readers may remember from Mike Posner‘s Smoke ‘n’ Drive) but few of them truly know who he is, where he’s been or what he stands for. On his latest album leak and first solo Booth feature, the Motown native sets the record straight once and for all. Beatsmith John Dough‘s unconventional instrumental, featuring a sample from Led Zeppelin’s classic Dazed and Confused, swirling synth arpeggios and a schizophrenic percussion rhythm, sets the stage for Piff’s unpredictably-flowed verses, which come laced with plenty of shifty-eyed wordplay. Needless to say, this unique cut will leave lots of people in the Booth talking – and I have a feeling that most of what they have to say will be positive. If People Talk‘s piqued your interest, keep it locked for all the latest on Pat Piff’s debut studio album, Future of the Retro, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this year.
Listen to More: Pat Piff Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.