Lots of People Talk about underground up-and-comer Pat Piff (who readers may remember from Mike Posner‘s Smoke ‘n’ Drive) but few of them truly know who he is, where he’s been or what he stands for. On his latest album leak and first solo Booth feature, the Motown native sets the record straight once and for all. Beatsmith John Dough‘s unconventional instrumental, featuring a sample from Led Zeppelin’s classic Dazed and Confused, swirling synth arpeggios and a schizophrenic percussion rhythm, sets the stage for Piff’s unpredictably-flowed verses, which come laced with plenty of shifty-eyed wordplay. Needless to say, this unique cut will leave lots of people in the Booth talking – and I have a feeling that most of what they have to say will be positive. If People Talk‘s piqued your interest, keep it locked for all the latest on Pat Piff’s debut studio album, Future of the Retro, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this year.
Listen to More: Pat Piff Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!