If the name Pat Piff rings a bell you’re probably either thinking of his work with Big Sean (Smoke & Drive), his Booth debut People Talk, or you’re confusing the Detroit emcee with mixtape site Dat Piff, no relation. But whether this is your first time around with Pat or you’re a seasoned vet, he’s hoping you’ll want a piece of his new track Hard Candy. Producer Apple Juice Kid (great name by the way) holds true to Pat’s Motown roots and uses some ‘50s sounding doo-wop samples to give Candy its sonic sweetness, setting the stage for Pat’s instant recognizable, slightly off-kilter voice to deliver reference heavy verses that cleverly name drop nearly every sweet treat on the planet. So how about it Booth nation? Is this Hard Candy something you’ll be happily sucking on, or does it just suck? If you’re looking to smoke some more musical piff alongside Piff, check out his latest work, The Motor Town Misift EP, available now, and keep an eye out for a new mixtape every month from the man leading up to the release of his debut album in January.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/26/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.