You can guess a lot about a rhymesayer from the company he keeps. For example, a glance at the feature lineup on Passport Gift‘s Booth debut suggests that the Bronx repper is an aggressive, no-nonsense spitter with a sophisticated approach to the mic. Sure enough, on EP single Turn ‘Em On he comes with the kind of bars that are guaranteed to leave lyrical heads hooked. Here, Parks‘s funky boom-bap boardwork sets the mood as Gift trades tightly-wound, braggadocious verses with Long Beach mainstay Crooked I, B.K. phenom Skyzoo and Mississippi flame-spitter Tito Lopez. Craving more from the unsigned buzzmaker and his illustrious cast of connects? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the mid-summer release of Passport Gift’s next EP, #MySh*tIsDifferent.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)