You can guess a lot about a rhymesayer from the company he keeps. For example, a glance at the feature lineup on Passport Gift‘s Booth debut suggests that the Bronx repper is an aggressive, no-nonsense spitter with a sophisticated approach to the mic. Sure enough, on EP single Turn ‘Em On he comes with the kind of bars that are guaranteed to leave lyrical heads hooked. Here, Parks‘s funky boom-bap boardwork sets the mood as Gift trades tightly-wound, braggadocious verses with Long Beach mainstay Crooked I, B.K. phenom Skyzoo and Mississippi flame-spitter Tito Lopez. Craving more from the unsigned buzzmaker and his illustrious cast of connects? Then stay tuned for further singles leading up to the mid-summer release of Passport Gift’s next EP, #MySh*tIsDifferent.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.