Upon seeing Passion Pit together with Juicy J in my feature lineup this morning, I had to pinch myself, as I thought I might still be dreaming. Thankfully, I was not; although I still wonder if this diverse collabo seems a little too good to be true. While their styles are vastly different, Juicy and Passion Pit do share the same label, Columbia Records, and a knack for making irresistibly catchy songs, a la Bandz A Make Her Dance or Sleepyhead, so it’s no wonder that this remix of PP’s Constant Conversations is quite the unique tune. With an effervescent, electronic infused beat from band members Michael Angelakos and Chris Zane, Passion Pit’s fingerprints are all over the track, but it’s not just the production which oozes their standard sound. Juicy’s clever, personality-filled opening bars are complemented nicely by Angelakos’ high-pitched, infectious vocals, making this outside the box effort appealing to those with a taste for hip-hop and indie rock/electronic stylings. Is this remix a match made in heaven or are some things better left undone? Let us know in the comments below and if you’re interested in hearing the original, it is available on Passion Pit’s latest LP, Gossamer.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)