Make a Mil, the debut feature from new OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, received mixed reviews from our readership, with some applauding Drizzy for a smart addition to his imprint’s stable and others accusing the singer and producer of prizing style over substance. Hoping to prove the former group right and the latter wrong, the Brampton, Ontario representative returns to our pages with newly-released follow-up Wus Good / Curious. A slow-burning contrast to its higher-energy predecessor, this joint finds the artist paying tribute to a certain shawty’s style and sexual prowess over his own hazy, numbed-out synth arrangement. Has PARTYNEXTDOOR made a fan out of you with feature number two? If so, stay tuned for the latest on his forthcoming project, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make a Mil" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.