Make a Mil, the debut feature from new OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, received mixed reviews from our readership, with some applauding Drizzy for a smart addition to his imprint’s stable and others accusing the singer and producer of prizing style over substance. Hoping to prove the former group right and the latter wrong, the Brampton, Ontario representative returns to our pages with newly-released follow-up Wus Good / Curious. A slow-burning contrast to its higher-energy predecessor, this joint finds the artist paying tribute to a certain shawty’s style and sexual prowess over his own hazy, numbed-out synth arrangement. Has PARTYNEXTDOOR made a fan out of you with feature number two? If so, stay tuned for the latest on his forthcoming project, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make a Mil" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)