Earlier this month, we heard PARTYNEXTDOOR link up with 40 to produce the hazy synth beat behind Days in the East, a reader-approved loosie by OVO boss Drake. It seems as if the T-Dot singer/songwriter was feeling his boardwork just as much as Boothgoers were, as he’s elected to flip it on his own latest promo single, West District. Like Drizzy’s cut, this record finds the artist struggling to play it cool, despite his feelings for a certain woman. Though he starts by assuring himself, “...this isn’t love. We all have our obsessions sometimes, sometimes,” he admits later on that he’s been seriously pondering his future with the chick in question: “I don’t only want that sh*t tonight, I want it forever.” Needless to say, his atmospheric synths and submerged samples are the perfect complement to his reverb-drenched vocals. Like its prototype, West District is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from the alt-R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make a Mil" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.