Recently, Drake added a new face to his OVO stable: Brampton, Ontario artist and producer PARTYNEXTDOOR. Knowing that a co-sign from Drizzy is money in the bank, he sets his sights appropriately high on his debut single, which finds him angling to Make a Mil. Here, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric, hip hop-informed backdrop for his self-assured reflections on women, partying and the paper chase. If you’ll forgive me for making the obvious comparison, the end result sounds a little like T-Dot neighbor The Weeknd on Prozac. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for further news and tunes from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wus Good / Curious" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.