Recently, Drake added a new face to his OVO stable: Brampton, Ontario artist and producer PARTYNEXTDOOR. Knowing that a co-sign from Drizzy is money in the bank, he sets his sights appropriately high on his debut single, which finds him angling to Make a Mil. Here, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric, hip hop-informed backdrop for his self-assured reflections on women, partying and the paper chase. If you’ll forgive me for making the obvious comparison, the end result sounds a little like T-Dot neighbor The Weeknd on Prozac. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for further news and tunes from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Fresh off his addition to Drake's OVO Sound roster, PARTYNEXTDOOR has unleashed his self-titled debut full-length. Heralded by Booth-featured singles "Wus Good / Curious," "Make a Mil" and "Over Here," the LP features a total...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wus Good / Curious" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.