Recently, Drake added a new face to his OVO stable: Brampton, Ontario artist and producer PARTYNEXTDOOR. Knowing that a co-sign from Drizzy is money in the bank, he sets his sights appropriately high on his debut single, which finds him angling to Make a Mil. Here, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric, hip hop-informed backdrop for his self-assured reflections on women, partying and the paper chase. If you’ll forgive me for making the obvious comparison, the end result sounds a little like T-Dot neighbor The Weeknd on Prozac. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for further news and tunes from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wus Good / Curious" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.