Recently, Drake added a new face to his OVO stable: Brampton, Ontario artist and producer PARTYNEXTDOOR. Knowing that a co-sign from Drizzy is money in the bank, he sets his sights appropriately high on his debut single, which finds him angling to Make a Mil. Here, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting an atmospheric, hip hop-informed backdrop for his self-assured reflections on women, partying and the paper chase. If you’ll forgive me for making the obvious comparison, the end result sounds a little like T-Dot neighbor The Weeknd on Prozac. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, watch our pages for further news and tunes from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wus Good / Curious" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.