While there are plenty of women out there with a preference for “bad boys,” I’m guessing the appeal has more to do with attitude and style than court dates and shootouts – where genuinely dangerous men are concerned, smart ladies Think Twice before getting involved. Of course, that poses a problem for those who, like Booth newcomer Parker, suffer from an undeservedly bad reputation; on his current single, the ATL/Seattle dual representative does his damnedest to convince a girl that, despite what her friends might say, he’s not just another G. Joining the headliner over Tha Bizness’ smooth synths and string stabs, Chi-town’s LEP Bogus Boys and Bay Area vet Mistah Fab deliver a similar message, informing the ladies that rumors of their thuggishness are greatly exaggerated. Shaunte plays the role of the skeptical female, tying it all together with some smooth hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from Parker, and be sure to grab a copy of his Between Struggles street album when it hits the ‘net Dec 24, Christmas Eve.
Written by richard on 12/6/10
Submit your Rating
Tha Bizness Presents...
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.