Now that it’s (starting to get) nice out, it’s time to plan for BBQs, blast music with the windows down and, of course, watch baseball. Coinciding with the beginning of the new season, Parker Brothaz bring us an Ichiro sized hit that will steal your heart like Griffey Jr. leaving for the Reds. If you’re wondering why I went all Mariners on you, I’m just keeping up with the theme of Mariners Hat; a fitting name for an all Seattle effort. On the boards, Kuddie Fresh knocks it out of the park, chopping up the Jackson 5’s Never Can Say Goodbye and adding a booming bass line that motors the track. The duo bless the glossy production with a raspy, calm, cool, and collected flow that has all the ease of summer day. Pitching relief is Moe Cheeks, who tosses in some smooth sung vocals that add a nice R&B vibe to the effort. Mariners Hat, unlike the team that sports the cap, actually has two homes; the record will appear on Kuddie Fresh’s Epiphany, due out 7/22, and the Parker’s unscheduled Parker Report project.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)