Now that it’s (starting to get) nice out, it’s time to plan for BBQs, blast music with the windows down and, of course, watch baseball. Coinciding with the beginning of the new season, Parker Brothaz bring us an Ichiro sized hit that will steal your heart like Griffey Jr. leaving for the Reds. If you’re wondering why I went all Mariners on you, I’m just keeping up with the theme of Mariners Hat; a fitting name for an all Seattle effort. On the boards, Kuddie Fresh knocks it out of the park, chopping up the Jackson 5’s Never Can Say Goodbye and adding a booming bass line that motors the track. The duo bless the glossy production with a raspy, calm, cool, and collected flow that has all the ease of summer day. Pitching relief is Moe Cheeks, who tosses in some smooth sung vocals that add a nice R&B vibe to the effort. Mariners Hat, unlike the team that sports the cap, actually has two homes; the record will appear on Kuddie Fresh’s Epiphany, due out 7/22, and the Parker’s unscheduled Parker Report project.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/13/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.