Back in the day, when snow usually meant no school, there was nothing more disappointing than a “delayed opening.” Okay, so maybe a full day, but expecting to get the day off and then having to go to school for a few less hours was definitely a tease. A 2 Hour Delay from Booth newcomer Parkay, on the other hand, is one that I don’t seem to mind. The Chicago native’s gristly rhyme style echoes out atop a creepy, mysterious beat from producer Reno Navarre, which makes this cut very street-friendly. Also aiding in the no-nonsense vibe is an equally as tenacious verse from West Coast rapper Slim The Mobster, who judging from the record’s content definitely earned his stripes. 2 Hour Delay is slated for inclusion on Parkay’s new mixtape, Kush & Caviar, scheduled for release sometime in the near future.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
One Off Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.