Back in September, Cali buzzmaker Paris Jones introduced himself to the Booth with Okay, an Angel Haze-assisted mixtape cut whose title was a little too modest, judging by the immensely positive feedback from our readers. Now, the recording artist and producer returns to rack up another round of rave reviews with new single Ashley Brown. Jones’ own production, a brisk arrangement driven by syncopated keyboard chords and percussion, backs him as he tells a familiar story of unrequited love. In crooned verses, he laments that, though he and the titular shawty have been close since high school, she’s never seen him as anything more than a shoulder to cry on. John Henry Baliton directs the simple, yet effective official video. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to download Paris Jones’s latest project, You’re Invited to the Assassination of Patrick Campbell, free of charge via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 01/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.