Back in September, Cali buzzmaker Paris Jones introduced himself to the Booth with Okay, an Angel Haze-assisted mixtape cut whose title was a little too modest, judging by the immensely positive feedback from our readers. Now, the recording artist and producer returns to rack up another round of rave reviews with new single Ashley Brown. Jones’ own production, a brisk arrangement driven by syncopated keyboard chords and percussion, backs him as he tells a familiar story of unrequited love. In crooned verses, he laments that, though he and the titular shawty have been close since high school, she’s never seen him as anything more than a shoulder to cry on. John Henry Baliton directs the simple, yet effective official video. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to download Paris Jones’s latest project, You’re Invited to the Assassination of Patrick Campbell, free of charge via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 01/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.