Earlier today, we heard Dizzy Wright ask some tough questions about racist police brutality in general, and Ferguson in particular, on promotional single I Need Answers. Paris Jones also tackles the Michael Brown shooting and its fallout on his latest feature, but chooses to focus more on the personal aspects of the tragedy. Over his own atmospheric synths and fluid bassline, the Los Angeles native croons, “Mama, keep your head Above the Water.” Mauricio Lopez‘s accompanying visuals make the joint’s social and political message more explicit. Fans will be able to find this poignant cut and much more on the artist’s Booth-exclusive August EP, set to hit our front page later this month.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.