In keeping with his pledge to drop a new song for each week of February (beginning with Jump (Club Cheval Remix), featured on our front page last Friday), Theophilus London has returned to liven up your Afternoon with a brand new jam. The official debut from Paris 96, a crew made up of the Brooklyn hip-hop/electro mainstay and alt-soul singer Jesse Boykins III, this cut is every bit as seductive as you’d expect from the duo who brought us Life of a Lover and Cold Pillow. Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones’ hazy electronic grooves set the stage for rapped verses suggestive of jet-setting romance, and a languid R&B chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More is on its way; Paris 96 have a currently-untitled EP in the works for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)