In keeping with his pledge to drop a new song for each week of February (beginning with Jump (Club Cheval Remix), featured on our front page last Friday), Theophilus London has returned to liven up your Afternoon with a brand new jam. The official debut from Paris 96, a crew made up of the Brooklyn hip-hop/electro mainstay and alt-soul singer Jesse Boykins III, this cut is every bit as seductive as you’d expect from the duo who brought us Life of a Lover and Cold Pillow. Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones’ hazy electronic grooves set the stage for rapped verses suggestive of jet-setting romance, and a languid R&B chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More is on its way; Paris 96 have a currently-untitled EP in the works for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.