In keeping with his pledge to drop a new song for each week of February (beginning with Jump (Club Cheval Remix), featured on our front page last Friday), Theophilus London has returned to liven up your Afternoon with a brand new jam. The official debut from Paris 96, a crew made up of the Brooklyn hip-hop/electro mainstay and alt-soul singer Jesse Boykins III, this cut is every bit as seductive as you’d expect from the duo who brought us Life of a Lover and Cold Pillow. Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones’ hazy electronic grooves set the stage for rapped verses suggestive of jet-setting romance, and a languid R&B chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More is on its way; Paris 96 have a currently-untitled EP in the works for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.