In keeping with his pledge to drop a new song for each week of February (beginning with Jump (Club Cheval Remix), featured on our front page last Friday), Theophilus London has returned to liven up your Afternoon with a brand new jam. The official debut from Paris 96, a crew made up of the Brooklyn hip-hop/electro mainstay and alt-soul singer Jesse Boykins III, this cut is every bit as seductive as you’d expect from the duo who brought us Life of a Lover and Cold Pillow. Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones’ hazy electronic grooves set the stage for rapped verses suggestive of jet-setting romance, and a languid R&B chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More is on its way; Paris 96 have a currently-untitled EP in the works for release in April.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.