In keeping with his pledge to drop a new song for each week of February (beginning with Jump (Club Cheval Remix), featured on our front page last Friday), Theophilus London has returned to liven up your Afternoon with a brand new jam. The official debut from Paris 96, a crew made up of the Brooklyn hip-hop/electro mainstay and alt-soul singer Jesse Boykins III, this cut is every bit as seductive as you’d expect from the duo who brought us Life of a Lover and Cold Pillow. Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones’ hazy electronic grooves set the stage for rapped verses suggestive of jet-setting romance, and a languid R&B chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More is on its way; Paris 96 have a currently-untitled EP in the works for release in April.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!