You know that growing sense of excitement you get when you flip on a record by an artist you’ve never heard before, and you think “Hey, this is pretty good… in fact, it’s really good.”? Well, I have an inkling that quite a few readers will have That Feeling while listening to this new joint, the first Booth feature from Miami, Florida up-and-comer Parable. Here, an infectiously upbeat soul instrument by Sharpsound (sampled from family soul group The Sylvers’ That’s What Love Is Made Of) sets the mood for a lyrical trip down Memory Lane. In breathlessly-flowed bars, the emcee describes the genesis of his own love affair with hip-hop, recounting his growth from a youngster scribbling rhymes in his bedroom to the lyrical equivalent of a Jedi Master. Every Parable comes with a message – so, what moral should we take away from this story? Um… don’t sleep on a good emcee? Sure, that works. And be sure to download a copy of the artist’s deliciously-named Mashed Potatoes mixtape, a collaboration with local trio Llamabeats, when it drops in October.
Written by richard on 08/17/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.