You know that growing sense of excitement you get when you flip on a record by an artist you’ve never heard before, and you think “Hey, this is pretty good… in fact, it’s really good.”? Well, I have an inkling that quite a few readers will have That Feeling while listening to this new joint, the first Booth feature from Miami, Florida up-and-comer Parable. Here, an infectiously upbeat soul instrument by Sharpsound (sampled from family soul group The Sylvers’ That’s What Love Is Made Of) sets the mood for a lyrical trip down Memory Lane. In breathlessly-flowed bars, the emcee describes the genesis of his own love affair with hip-hop, recounting his growth from a youngster scribbling rhymes in his bedroom to the lyrical equivalent of a Jedi Master. Every Parable comes with a message – so, what moral should we take away from this story? Um… don’t sleep on a good emcee? Sure, that works. And be sure to download a copy of the artist’s deliciously-named Mashed Potatoes mixtape, a collaboration with local trio Llamabeats, when it drops in October.
Written by richard on 08/17/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.