On Parable and Mac Soto‘s first Booth feature, the Miami rhymesayer and Northeastern singer/songwriter/producer looked back on a few instances in which women Played the game of love so ruthlessly that they finally had to pack up the pieces and go home. Of course, there are (at least) two sides to every story; as evidenced by follow-up feature Soul the duo can be quite the players themselves. Soto reprises his role behind the boards, juxtaposing mournful piano and warm strings with a gritty breakbeat as his mic-rocking partner confesses to turning traitor on the girl who loved him: “Yeah, I had a soft spot, but it’s passin’ over / Now I have ‘em over heels like Casanova.” Mac sums it up on the hook, admitting, “If you did all the things that I done done to me, you best believe you’d be wrong / And I’d be crying, and I’d be wrong.” Needless to say, this cut is sure to strike a chord with anyone who’s had their trust abused in a romantic relationship. (If it reminds you of your own romantic behavior, may I humbly suggest checking yourself?) Those feeling Soul should keep it locked for release details on the twosome’s next project, scheduled to drop this fall.
Written by richard on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.