On Parable and Mac Soto‘s first Booth feature, the Miami rhymesayer and Northeastern singer/songwriter/producer looked back on a few instances in which women Played the game of love so ruthlessly that they finally had to pack up the pieces and go home. Of course, there are (at least) two sides to every story; as evidenced by follow-up feature Soul the duo can be quite the players themselves. Soto reprises his role behind the boards, juxtaposing mournful piano and warm strings with a gritty breakbeat as his mic-rocking partner confesses to turning traitor on the girl who loved him: “Yeah, I had a soft spot, but it’s passin’ over / Now I have ‘em over heels like Casanova.” Mac sums it up on the hook, admitting, “If you did all the things that I done done to me, you best believe you’d be wrong / And I’d be crying, and I’d be wrong.” Needless to say, this cut is sure to strike a chord with anyone who’s had their trust abused in a romantic relationship. (If it reminds you of your own romantic behavior, may I humbly suggest checking yourself?) Those feeling Soul should keep it locked for release details on the twosome’s next project, scheduled to drop this fall.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.