Like Monopoly, Scrabble, and myriad other popular games, love is Played differently by different people—and when the players are following two incompatible sets of house rules, heartbreak, strife and thrown boards are certain to result. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the inaugural leak off rapper Parable (previously heard on That Feelin’) and singer/producer Mac Soto‘s forthcoming EP finds the twosome detailing their traumatic experiences with women who played them so cruelly that they finally had to pack up the pieces and go home. Soto does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, lacing his own chopped soul samples and downbeat rhythm section with rueful, simile-laced reminiscences of a romance on the rocks. The freshest line (in my not-so-humble opinion) comes at the end of Parable’s wounded middle verse, when the Miami spitter bids his own disloyal girl adieu: ”This is the last lovely kiss you’ll get, you hungry hungry hypocrite.” Craving more soulfully fresh cuts from this talented tag-team? More awaits on their as yet-untitled EP, scheduled for release in early 2012.
Written by richard on 10/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Far (Boom-Bap)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.