This past January, Uncle Murda recorded and released Hard to Kill; the story of a shootout with the NYPD in which he was grazed in the head by a bullet. Murda’s rival (and longtime mixtape assassin) Papoose smelled something fishy, however, and doesn’t buy the supposed “crossfire” story. Using the instrumental to the Biggie classic Who Shot Ya, Pap makes various claims that indicate the tale is fictional. His strongest point is arguably that had he been shot by the police, he would currently be six feet deep. DJBooth will keep you posted on the inevitable response from Murda.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.