Do you ever wake up and ask yourself, “I wonder if today will be the day that Papoose gets his career on track with a label that doesn’t shelf his sh*t and then drop him several months later”? While that scenario hasn’t personally played out in my life, I can imagine it has played out in the mind of the rapper himself. Still without a new label home after leaving Jive last year, the disgruntled Bed-Stuy, New York, rapper has stayed on his grind by continuing to release new material. On Get It Poppin Again, producer Swizz Beatz incorporates an old-school 60’s era sample, while Pap showcases his uncanny ability to effortlessly spit creative lines. Will this song get it poppin for Pap? Only time will tell.
Written by DJ Z on 08/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)