Do you ever wake up and ask yourself, “I wonder if today will be the day that Papoose gets his career on track with a label that doesn’t shelf his sh*t and then drop him several months later”? While that scenario hasn’t personally played out in my life, I can imagine it has played out in the mind of the rapper himself. Still without a new label home after leaving Jive last year, the disgruntled Bed-Stuy, New York, rapper has stayed on his grind by continuing to release new material. On Get It Poppin Again, producer Swizz Beatz incorporates an old-school 60’s era sample, while Pap showcases his uncanny ability to effortlessly spit creative lines. Will this song get it poppin for Pap? Only time will tell.
Written by DJ Z on 08/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.