Two of the most underrated street soldiers in hip-hop have joined forces in what might be considered a bioregional classic. Like fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, Papoose has witnessed several neighborhood shootouts (most of them involving his homies). Since rapper C-Murder has witnessed several as well (one in fact culminating in a pending second-degree murder retrial), Pap and the TRU soldier decided to Ride Out on a remix of a previous buzz track from the permanently-shelved, The Nacirema Dream. During a time in which representative of both the Northeast and Dirty South continue to call out each other’s form of Hip-Hop, Ride Out makes clear that the art form –regardless of region– is very much alive.
Written by Burmy on 02/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.