Two of the most underrated street soldiers in hip-hop have joined forces in what might be considered a bioregional classic. Like fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, Papoose has witnessed several neighborhood shootouts (most of them involving his homies). Since rapper C-Murder has witnessed several as well (one in fact culminating in a pending second-degree murder retrial), Pap and the TRU soldier decided to Ride Out on a remix of a previous buzz track from the permanently-shelved, The Nacirema Dream. During a time in which representative of both the Northeast and Dirty South continue to call out each other’s form of Hip-Hop, Ride Out makes clear that the art form –regardless of region– is very much alive.
Written by Burmy on 02/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.