After Papoose inked a deal with Jive Records at the tail end of 2006, the wait was on for his much hyped debut, The Nacirema Dream. Eight months into 2007 and the public is still waiting for a single to catch on at radio. Although the Scott Storch produced cut, Bang It Out (featuring Snoop), didn’t seem to make much noise, the labels are smart shoppers and needed more for their money. Thus, we get round two with Storch and Papoose: Hat Fitted Low. The single is a distinctly different sound from what Papoose used to get his record deal. Fans will say he sold out, at this point, he just wants to sell.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)