After Papoose inked a deal with Jive Records at the tail end of 2006, the wait was on for his much hyped debut, The Nacirema Dream. Eight months into 2007 and the public is still waiting for a single to catch on at radio. Although the Scott Storch produced cut, Bang It Out (featuring Snoop), didn’t seem to make much noise, the labels are smart shoppers and needed more for their money. Thus, we get round two with Storch and Papoose: Hat Fitted Low. The single is a distinctly different sound from what Papoose used to get his record deal. Fans will say he sold out, at this point, he just wants to sell.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.