After Papoose inked a deal with Jive Records at the tail end of 2006, the wait was on for his much hyped debut, The Nacirema Dream. Eight months into 2007 and the public is still waiting for a single to catch on at radio. Although the Scott Storch produced cut, Bang It Out (featuring Snoop), didn’t seem to make much noise, the labels are smart shoppers and needed more for their money. Thus, we get round two with Storch and Papoose: Hat Fitted Low. The single is a distinctly different sound from what Papoose used to get his record deal. Fans will say he sold out, at this point, he just wants to sell.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.