After Papoose inked a deal with Jive Records at the tail end of 2006, the wait was on for his much hyped debut, The Nacirema Dream. Eight months into 2007 and the public is still waiting for a single to catch on at radio. Although the Scott Storch produced cut, Bang It Out (featuring Snoop), didn’t seem to make much noise, the labels are smart shoppers and needed more for their money. Thus, we get round two with Storch and Papoose: Hat Fitted Low. The single is a distinctly different sound from what Papoose used to get his record deal. Fans will say he sold out, at this point, he just wants to sell.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.