After releasing three independent albums, Houston’s Papa Reu has spent the last year hustling, trying to make sure that everyone knows he’s the South’s Next Big Thing. It may seem hard to believe that a rapper/reggae artist/producer would be able to find his niche so quickly, but Reu has already solidified his position, having worked with the Big Tymers, Lil’ Wayne and other notable Southern greats. On his new single, Fresh to Def, Reu calls on Mannie Fresh to spit about his legendary affection for all things extravagantly luxurious. Reu (along with producer Chase D of Block Froze) also offers up the production work, inspired by early Cash Money beats. Papa Reu’s new independent album, Reu’d Boy, is due for a fall release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Private Dancer ft. Paul Wall & Papa Reu" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!