After releasing three independent albums, Houston’s Papa Reu has spent the last year hustling, trying to make sure that everyone knows he’s the South’s Next Big Thing. It may seem hard to believe that a rapper/reggae artist/producer would be able to find his niche so quickly, but Reu has already solidified his position, having worked with the Big Tymers, Lil’ Wayne and other notable Southern greats. On his new single, Fresh to Def, Reu calls on Mannie Fresh to spit about his legendary affection for all things extravagantly luxurious. Reu (along with producer Chase D of Block Froze) also offers up the production work, inspired by early Cash Money beats. Papa Reu’s new independent album, Reu’d Boy, is due for a fall release.
Written by Erica L. on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Private Dancer ft. Paul Wall & Papa Reu" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)