After releasing three independent albums, Houston’s Papa Reu has spent the last year hustling, trying to make sure that everyone knows he’s the South’s Next Big Thing. It may seem hard to believe that a rapper/reggae artist/producer would be able to find his niche so quickly, but Reu has already solidified his position, having worked with the Big Tymers, Lil’ Wayne and other notable Southern greats. On his new single, Fresh to Def, Reu calls on Mannie Fresh to spit about his legendary affection for all things extravagantly luxurious. Reu (along with producer Chase D of Block Froze) also offers up the production work, inspired by early Cash Money beats. Papa Reu’s new independent album, Reu’d Boy, is due for a fall release.
Written by Erica L. on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Private Dancer ft. Paul Wall & Papa Reu" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.