After releasing three independent albums, Houston’s Papa Reu has spent the last year hustling, trying to make sure that everyone knows he’s the South’s Next Big Thing. It may seem hard to believe that a rapper/reggae artist/producer would be able to find his niche so quickly, but Reu has already solidified his position, having worked with the Big Tymers, Lil’ Wayne and other notable Southern greats. On his new single, Fresh to Def, Reu calls on Mannie Fresh to spit about his legendary affection for all things extravagantly luxurious. Reu (along with producer Chase D of Block Froze) also offers up the production work, inspired by early Cash Money beats. Papa Reu’s new independent album, Reu’d Boy, is due for a fall release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Private Dancer ft. Paul Wall & Papa Reu" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.