The weather in the Golden State is always beautiful, but there’s something special about Summer in California. OK, I haven’t actually been there during any season, but that’s what I gather from Paloma Ford‘s latest single. On this breezy, BLAQTUXEDO-produced cut, her first feature since last September’s Hit of You, the unsigned songstress draws an analogy between the ecstasy she feels when she’s with a certain man and her home state’s climate during June, July and August. West Coast heavyweight Snoop Dogg and rising star IAMSU! echo Ford’s sentiments in laid-back guest 16s. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Summer isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Paloma’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.