Back in May of 2013, Palermo Stone made his grand entrance into the Booth with Freedom Writers, a lyrically-driven jam reflecting on music, the struggle, and the power of young people to change the world. On freshly-minted single Milk & Honey, the Pittsburgh repper gets a bit more philosophical. He kicks off the record by offering a take on morality that would make Friedrich Nietzsche proud ( “There is no good or evil. There’s only power and those too weak to seek it.”) and proceeds to sketch out his view of the world, in which two vast and impersonal forces vie for the soul of humanity. Hunnit Andretti provides a moody, sampled backdrop for his heady bars. Feeling it? This is just one of many thought-provoking jams slated for inclusion on indie full-length The 2nd Coming, which is scheduled to drop September 9.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freedom Writers" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.