Back in May of 2013, Palermo Stone made his grand entrance into the Booth with Freedom Writers, a lyrically-driven jam reflecting on music, the struggle, and the power of young people to change the world. On freshly-minted single Milk & Honey, the Pittsburgh repper gets a bit more philosophical. He kicks off the record by offering a take on morality that would make Friedrich Nietzsche proud ( “There is no good or evil. There’s only power and those too weak to seek it.”) and proceeds to sketch out his view of the world, in which two vast and impersonal forces vie for the soul of humanity. Hunnit Andretti provides a moody, sampled backdrop for his heady bars. Feeling it? This is just one of many thought-provoking jams slated for inclusion on indie full-length The 2nd Coming, which is scheduled to drop September 9.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freedom Writers" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.