Set against the backdrop of the 1992 L.A. riots, 2007 drama Freedom Writers follows an English teacher played by Hilary Swank as she forges a relationship with a class of at-risk students. On Palermo Stone’ debut feature, premiering in The DJBooth along with its official visuals, the Pittsburgh repper uses the film as a springboard for his own lyrical reflections on music, the struggle, and the power of young people to change the world. Joining the headliner over Jazz Logic‘s mellow boardwork, middle school educator-turned-emcee Dee-1 recounts an inspiring encounter with an adolescent fan on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? More inspiring jams await on the deluxe edition of Stone’s R.A.R.E. [Revitalizing Art; Reinventing Emotion] LP, released in March and available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!