Set against the backdrop of the 1992 L.A. riots, 2007 drama Freedom Writers follows an English teacher played by Hilary Swank as she forges a relationship with a class of at-risk students. On Palermo Stone’ debut feature, premiering in The DJBooth along with its official visuals, the Pittsburgh repper uses the film as a springboard for his own lyrical reflections on music, the struggle, and the power of young people to change the world. Joining the headliner over Jazz Logic‘s mellow boardwork, middle school educator-turned-emcee Dee-1 recounts an inspiring encounter with an adolescent fan on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? More inspiring jams await on the deluxe edition of Stone’s R.A.R.E. [Revitalizing Art; Reinventing Emotion] LP, released in March and available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Milk & Honey" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.