Set against the backdrop of the 1992 L.A. riots, 2007 drama Freedom Writers follows an English teacher played by Hilary Swank as she forges a relationship with a class of at-risk students. On Palermo Stone’ debut feature, premiering in The DJBooth along with its official visuals, the Pittsburgh repper uses the film as a springboard for his own lyrical reflections on music, the struggle, and the power of young people to change the world. Joining the headliner over Jazz Logic‘s mellow boardwork, middle school educator-turned-emcee Dee-1 recounts an inspiring encounter with an adolescent fan on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? More inspiring jams await on the deluxe edition of Stone’s R.A.R.E. [Revitalizing Art; Reinventing Emotion] LP, released in March and available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Milk & Honey" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.