Of all the ways in which an up-and-coming emcee can earn a spot on my radar, rapping over a beat that’s not in 4/4 rates high on the list. Seriously – it doesn’t happen as often as you’d think. On the latest single (and first feature) from PackFM, producer Domingo flips a 6/8 soul sample into a head-noddable beat as the Brooklyn native explains just how Nasty he is. While the emcee’s inventive flows are the main attraction, Pack’s lyrical chops can’t be denied; dropping lines like, “I’m fed up with / irrelevant rhetoric cleverly dressed as intelligence, sellin’ repetitive sentiments… ,“ he challenges sucker emcees to step up their game or get packing. Intrigued by this Booth newcomer’s nonconformist style? You can purchase PackFM’s wonderfully-titled full-length, I F*cking Hate Rappers now from online retailers – or, wait till May 15, and pick up a physical copy from a record store near you.
Listen to More: PackFM
Written by richard on 04/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.