Of all the ways in which an up-and-coming emcee can earn a spot on my radar, rapping over a beat that’s not in 4/4 rates high on the list. Seriously – it doesn’t happen as often as you’d think. On the latest single (and first feature) from PackFM, producer Domingo flips a 6/8 soul sample into a head-noddable beat as the Brooklyn native explains just how Nasty he is. While the emcee’s inventive flows are the main attraction, Pack’s lyrical chops can’t be denied; dropping lines like, “I’m fed up with / irrelevant rhetoric cleverly dressed as intelligence, sellin’ repetitive sentiments… ,“ he challenges sucker emcees to step up their game or get packing. Intrigued by this Booth newcomer’s nonconformist style? You can purchase PackFM’s wonderfully-titled full-length, I F*cking Hate Rappers now from online retailers – or, wait till May 15, and pick up a physical copy from a record store near you.
Written by richard on 04/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.