Of all the ways in which an up-and-coming emcee can earn a spot on my radar, rapping over a beat that’s not in 4/4 rates high on the list. Seriously – it doesn’t happen as often as you’d think. On the latest single (and first feature) from PackFM, producer Domingo flips a 6/8 soul sample into a head-noddable beat as the Brooklyn native explains just how Nasty he is. While the emcee’s inventive flows are the main attraction, Pack’s lyrical chops can’t be denied; dropping lines like, “I’m fed up with / irrelevant rhetoric cleverly dressed as intelligence, sellin’ repetitive sentiments… ,“ he challenges sucker emcees to step up their game or get packing. Intrigued by this Booth newcomer’s nonconformist style? You can purchase PackFM’s wonderfully-titled full-length, I F*cking Hate Rappers now from online retailers – or, wait till May 15, and pick up a physical copy from a record store near you.
Listen to More: PackFM Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.