Of all the ways in which an up-and-coming emcee can earn a spot on my radar, rapping over a beat that’s not in 4/4 rates high on the list. Seriously – it doesn’t happen as often as you’d think. On the latest single (and first feature) from PackFM, producer Domingo flips a 6/8 soul sample into a head-noddable beat as the Brooklyn native explains just how Nasty he is. While the emcee’s inventive flows are the main attraction, Pack’s lyrical chops can’t be denied; dropping lines like, “I’m fed up with / irrelevant rhetoric cleverly dressed as intelligence, sellin’ repetitive sentiments… ,“ he challenges sucker emcees to step up their game or get packing. Intrigued by this Booth newcomer’s nonconformist style? You can purchase PackFM’s wonderfully-titled full-length, I F*cking Hate Rappers now from online retailers – or, wait till May 15, and pick up a physical copy from a record store near you.
Listen to More: PackFM Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.