Of all the ways in which an up-and-coming emcee can earn a spot on my radar, rapping over a beat that’s not in 4/4 rates high on the list. Seriously – it doesn’t happen as often as you’d think. On the latest single (and first feature) from PackFM, producer Domingo flips a 6/8 soul sample into a head-noddable beat as the Brooklyn native explains just how Nasty he is. While the emcee’s inventive flows are the main attraction, Pack’s lyrical chops can’t be denied; dropping lines like, “I’m fed up with / irrelevant rhetoric cleverly dressed as intelligence, sellin’ repetitive sentiments… ,“ he challenges sucker emcees to step up their game or get packing. Intrigued by this Booth newcomer’s nonconformist style? You can purchase PackFM’s wonderfully-titled full-length, I F*cking Hate Rappers now from online retailers – or, wait till May 15, and pick up a physical copy from a record store near you.
Listen to More: PackFM
Written by richard on 04/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paint the World" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.