Back in February of ‘08, Pacific Division received mixed reviews for their first Booth feature—though Fat Boys’ unconventional subject matter and sparse beat appealed to quite a few underground heads, some simply didn’t know what to make of them. Now, after more than a year, Like, Mibbs, and BeYoung are back, and, if this track is any indication, they’ve taken their uniquely stark style to the next level. Requesting listeners kindly Shut Up and focus on the music, the trio come with rhymes worthy of your undivided attention (“Knucklehead n*ggas with the bass in the trunk/ ‘bout to bubble like peroxide layin’ in a cut” may be the dopest lyric I’ve heard all day) over an odd but compelling instrumental; booming percussion paired with a sound that brings to mind wind rushing through an empty chasm make up the bulk of Swiff D‘s sparse, spacious production. Shut Up can be found on the trio’s PAC DIV EP, available now.
Written by richard on 03/25/09
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.