The NBA’s Pacific Division is typically one of the strongest divisions in the league thanks to perennial powerhouses such as the Phoenix Suns and L.A. Lakers. Similarly, hip-hop’s Pacific Division has comparable power in the underground, sparking a bidding war between Ludacris (on behalf of DTP/Def Jam) and Sylvia Rhone (on behalf of Universal) for the group’s musical services. Choosing to sidestep SoCal’s typical hardcore gangsta rap stereotype, the L.A. based trio of Like, Mibbs and BeYoung explain that even FAT Boys can get plenty of love from the ladies on their new single. Thanks to a catchy, simplistic beat from producer Swiff D, people of all shapes and sizes will be dancing and Pac Div will make one lucky label fat and happy.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Down The Block (West Coast Remix) ft. Various Artist" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.