The NBA’s Pacific Division is typically one of the strongest divisions in the league thanks to perennial powerhouses such as the Phoenix Suns and L.A. Lakers. Similarly, hip-hop’s Pacific Division has comparable power in the underground, sparking a bidding war between Ludacris (on behalf of DTP/Def Jam) and Sylvia Rhone (on behalf of Universal) for the group’s musical services. Choosing to sidestep SoCal’s typical hardcore gangsta rap stereotype, the L.A. based trio of Like, Mibbs and BeYoung explain that even FAT Boys can get plenty of love from the ladies on their new single. Thanks to a catchy, simplistic beat from producer Swiff D, people of all shapes and sizes will be dancing and Pac Div will make one lucky label fat and happy.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Down The Block (West Coast Remix) ft. Various Artist" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.