The NBA’s Pacific Division is typically one of the strongest divisions in the league thanks to perennial powerhouses such as the Phoenix Suns and L.A. Lakers. Similarly, hip-hop’s Pacific Division has comparable power in the underground, sparking a bidding war between Ludacris (on behalf of DTP/Def Jam) and Sylvia Rhone (on behalf of Universal) for the group’s musical services. Choosing to sidestep SoCal’s typical hardcore gangsta rap stereotype, the L.A. based trio of Like, Mibbs and BeYoung explain that even FAT Boys can get plenty of love from the ladies on their new single. Thanks to a catchy, simplistic beat from producer Swiff D, people of all shapes and sizes will be dancing and Pac Div will make one lucky label fat and happy.
Written by Burmy on 02/26/08
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Down The Block (West Coast Remix) ft. Various Artist" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.