Solar-powered flashlights, dog sweaters, a course on lyricism taught by Waka Flocka, talking sh*t about Pac Div... what do all these things have in common? The answer, of course, is that they’re all completely f*cking Useless. The latest single off the SoCal mainstays’ forthcoming EP, this cut finds crewmates Like, Mibbs and Beyoung teaming up with a fellow new-schooler to opine on a few things, people and actions that they find utterly lacking in purpose. Blended Babies craft a beat befitting an epic trash-talk session, layering sampled ‘Ohhh!‘s over a spare rhythm section as the trio call out everyone from haters, to cops, to “dumb beezies” on Twitter. Asher Roth begins his guest 16 on a similarly combative note, putting his competition on blast before lapsing into his trademark blunted, pop-referential free-associative ish: “Crew calm collect, having fun with Cyndi Lauper / Never Dennis Hopper, with Keanu Reeves / More like Bill & Ted since I stared smoking weed.” Title aside, this joint is sure to earn heavy use—that is, rotation—from Pac Div fans in the Booth. If you count yourself among that group, then don’t miss of the rest of the freshness in store on the crew’s The DiV EP, set to hit iTunes Nov. 8.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.