Solar-powered flashlights, dog sweaters, a course on lyricism taught by Waka Flocka, talking sh*t about Pac Div... what do all these things have in common? The answer, of course, is that they’re all completely f*cking Useless. The latest single off the SoCal mainstays’ forthcoming EP, this cut finds crewmates Like, Mibbs and Beyoung teaming up with a fellow new-schooler to opine on a few things, people and actions that they find utterly lacking in purpose. Blended Babies craft a beat befitting an epic trash-talk session, layering sampled ‘Ohhh!‘s over a spare rhythm section as the trio call out everyone from haters, to cops, to “dumb beezies” on Twitter. Asher Roth begins his guest 16 on a similarly combative note, putting his competition on blast before lapsing into his trademark blunted, pop-referential free-associative ish: “Crew calm collect, having fun with Cyndi Lauper / Never Dennis Hopper, with Keanu Reeves / More like Bill & Ted since I stared smoking weed.” Title aside, this joint is sure to earn heavy use—that is, rotation—from Pac Div fans in the Booth. If you count yourself among that group, then don’t miss of the rest of the freshness in store on the crew’s The DiV EP, set to hit iTunes Nov. 8.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.