Long and arduous as their road to success may have been (the group’s been grinding ever since the members’ high school years), Like, Mibbs and BeYoung of Pac Div were bound to get their shine eventually. They’ve simply got that je ne sais quoi—or, as the SoCal representatives refer to it on their latest effort, “The Greatness.” The latest single off the crew’s forthcoming digital EP, this upbeat banger finds No I.D. manning the boards, crafting an eminently head-noddable blend of uptempo breaks, choral synths and lightly jazzy piano chords to back the trio as they remind fans just how determined they are to write their name among the stars. In bars dripping with ambition, the spitters link their mission with those of several African-American icons: “If Stevie Wonder read Braille, Michael Jackson made Thrill and Malcolm X-celled / like getting Five Mics or a XXL… think greatness.” No doubt about it, the Church League Champions have come a long way from their underdog beginnings. Fans who’d like to accompany Pac Div on the next leg of their journey will be able to do so Nov. 8, when The DiV arrives on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/11/11
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.