Long and arduous as their road to success may have been (the group’s been grinding ever since the members’ high school years), Like, Mibbs and BeYoung of Pac Div were bound to get their shine eventually. They’ve simply got that je ne sais quoi—or, as the SoCal representatives refer to it on their latest effort, “The Greatness.” The latest single off the crew’s forthcoming digital EP, this upbeat banger finds No I.D. manning the boards, crafting an eminently head-noddable blend of uptempo breaks, choral synths and lightly jazzy piano chords to back the trio as they remind fans just how determined they are to write their name among the stars. In bars dripping with ambition, the spitters link their mission with those of several African-American icons: “If Stevie Wonder read Braille, Michael Jackson made Thrill and Malcolm X-celled / like getting Five Mics or a XXL… think greatness.” No doubt about it, the Church League Champions have come a long way from their underdog beginnings. Fans who’d like to accompany Pac Div on the next leg of their journey will be able to do so Nov. 8, when The DiV arrives on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.