Let’s face it, unless yesterday’s meal was a combination of filet mignon, grilled shrimp, Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits, and red velvet cheesecake, no one likes leftovers. The same can’t be said about musical leftovers, though, because sometimes the most noteworthy records are songs that somehow weren’t able to make it onto an artist’s final project. Take for instance Pac Div’s Take Me Back, a cut that wasn’t able to find its way onto the trio’s Mania album. On Take Me Back the Southern California emcees take it back to the days of their youth when things just seemed a little more enjoyable and a lot less stressful. Thanks to Rich Kidd’s whimsical production Take Me Back takes on an addictively mellow vibe as all three members work their way around the song’s catchy hook. Look out for Take Me Back to appear instead on Rich Kidd’s forthcoming We On Some Rich Kidd Shit Vol. 6 mixtape, available now.
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.