Let’s face it, unless yesterday’s meal was a combination of filet mignon, grilled shrimp, Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits, and red velvet cheesecake, no one likes leftovers. The same can’t be said about musical leftovers, though, because sometimes the most noteworthy records are songs that somehow weren’t able to make it onto an artist’s final project. Take for instance Pac Div’s Take Me Back, a cut that wasn’t able to find its way onto the trio’s Mania album. On Take Me Back the Southern California emcees take it back to the days of their youth when things just seemed a little more enjoyable and a lot less stressful. Thanks to Rich Kidd’s whimsical production Take Me Back takes on an addictively mellow vibe as all three members work their way around the song’s catchy hook. Look out for Take Me Back to appear instead on Rich Kidd’s forthcoming We On Some Rich Kidd Shit Vol. 6 mixtape, available now.
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.