When you purchase as many kicks as Pac Div, what are you supposed to do with all those empty Sneakerboxes? On a fresh single off their just-released sophomore set, Like, Mibbs and BeYoung offer a ingenious answer to that question: use ‘em to store your petty cash till more fly footwear catches your eye. Over Like’s stripped-down production, the Cali trio address listeners curious about how deep their pockets go, assuring said nosy motherf**kers that their independent hustle is pulling in plenty enough lucre to keep those boxes filled up to the top. Frequent collaborator Big Sik and 17-year-old Inglewood repper Chip Gnarly flaunt their own cash reserves, and their formidable shoe game, on the guest tip. For this cut, reader-approved singles Cross-Trainers and The Return, and more, cop sophomore set GMB, released November 27, via RBC Records.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.