While Pac Div are only just beginning to get the attention they deserve, it’s hardly fair to refer to Like, Mibbs and Beyoung as West Coast new-schoolers – after all, the trio have been on their grind for the greater part of the 2000s. What does it feel like to have finally made it? If inaugural mixtape leak Rollin’ is any indication, the answer is something along the lines of “really damned good.” Backed by Swiff D‘s dreamy synth ambiance, the Church League Champions take us on a guided tour of the streets that made them into the men, and the artists that they are today. Complete with the refreshingly smooth vocal stylings of R&B singer Ty$, this gritty but nostalgia-drenched track is perfect to vibe out to while taking a relaxing drive through the City of Angels – or while daydreaming about doing so, for those who live in less temperate climes. Don’t Mention It is scheduled to hit the ‘net “soon,” and Pac Div’s debut studio album, Grown Kid Syndrome is set to follow later this year.
Listen to More: Pac Div
Written by richard on 04/8/10
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.