Thought Pac Div had finally made it, now that they’ve got a global fanbase and a few projects under their belt? Au contraire; they’re only getting started. On Black Acura, the latest single off their forthcoming full-length, Like, Mibbs and BeYoung demonstrate that the success they’ve enjoyed to date has only made them hungrier—not to mention more arrogant. Thelonius Martin‘s unconventional boardwork, a minimalistic mix of slow-rolling percussion and sampled, reverb-drenched grunts, sets the mood as the trio deliver verses packed with irreverent trash talk. Mac Miller and Raven Sorvino follow suit, showcasing their copious swagger in sardonic guest 16s. Featuring this record as well as the reader-approved Bank, GMB has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for details on that project as well as on Mac Miller and Pharrell‘s Pink Slime, which is also currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.