Thought Pac Div had finally made it, now that they’ve got a global fanbase and a few projects under their belt? Au contraire; they’re only getting started. On Black Acura, the latest single off their forthcoming full-length, Like, Mibbs and BeYoung demonstrate that the success they’ve enjoyed to date has only made them hungrier—not to mention more arrogant. Thelonius Martin‘s unconventional boardwork, a minimalistic mix of slow-rolling percussion and sampled, reverb-drenched grunts, sets the mood as the trio deliver verses packed with irreverent trash talk. Mac Miller and Raven Sorvino follow suit, showcasing their copious swagger in sardonic guest 16s. Featuring this record as well as the reader-approved Bank, GMB has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for details on that project as well as on Mac Miller and Pharrell‘s Pink Slime, which is also currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.