After releasing their first GMB single Automatic nearly two months ago, it’s been evident that fans of Pac Div are hungry for more. Luckily the Southern California trio most happy to oblige, dishing up a second serving from their forthcoming album. On GMB‘s second single Bank, Pac Div take listeners along with them on a lyrical heist, painting a picture of their perfect bank robbing scenario. While Bank is merely a rap song, the emcee’s take on the sentiment of the entire country as they boldly drop rhymes about empty wallets and a heightening frustration. Producer Scoop Deville, who has recently put in work with Kendrick Lamar and XV, keeps the record’s production relatively light thanks to his subtle, bass-driven beat. GMB, which serves as an acronym for the three Pac Div member’s first names (Gabe, Mike and Bryan), is due out on October 16.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.