After releasing their first GMB single Automatic nearly two months ago, it’s been evident that fans of Pac Div are hungry for more. Luckily the Southern California trio most happy to oblige, dishing up a second serving from their forthcoming album. On GMB‘s second single Bank, Pac Div take listeners along with them on a lyrical heist, painting a picture of their perfect bank robbing scenario. While Bank is merely a rap song, the emcee’s take on the sentiment of the entire country as they boldly drop rhymes about empty wallets and a heightening frustration. Producer Scoop Deville, who has recently put in work with Kendrick Lamar and XV, keeps the record’s production relatively light thanks to his subtle, bass-driven beat. GMB, which serves as an acronym for the three Pac Div member’s first names (Gabe, Mike and Bryan), is due out on October 16.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.