I hadn’t realized how long it’d been since I last heard a new song from Pac Div before their new release Automatic. Has it really been over six months since their previous feature Useless? Indeed it has, which means we can call Automatic one hell of a comeback. Swiff D fills in the production duties, crafting a clapping, bass heavy and minimalistic beat that would feel at home being played at a house party or a Rack City strip club. For their part Pac Div emcees Like, Mibbs and Beyoung throw down supremely relaxed verses that somehow manage to brag and boast, toss back shots and throw down some serious hip-hop references: “Will Smith, Brad Bitt, Denzel / Slick Rick, Tupac and Big L / straight shots of that vodka that Bev / hit liqs, get locked and make bail.” Hoping Pac Div starts releasing new music on a more Automatic basis? With no announced project in the works I can’t guarantee that will happen, but here’s to hoping that we don’t have to wait long for new bangers from the Cali crew to come through the pipeline.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
The Div/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"FAT Boys" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.